Searching Services Resources - Conclusion
This module showed you some additional searching services and resources to call upon if you cannot find what you need in your initial efforts.
The Internet and all the technology connected with it (including searching) is in a constant state of movement; you now have some resources for keeping up with new and improved searching services and additional tutorials for continuing to refine your searching techniques and your overall search strategy. Remember, there are no rules to searching except that you find whatever it is you are looking for.
Now that you have completed this module, you should be able to:
- Locate information about searching and search engines on the Web
- Use your browser's features to help you search
- Build a list of key sites and learn how they are part of an overall search strategy
- Search international Web sites in their native languages
- Utilize Usenet discussions as information sources
- Discover search services dedicated to specific topics or types of Web sites
This module introduced you to the following new terms:
- Key site
- Unmoderated Newsgroup:A newsgroup to which postings are sent without any filtering being applied to check, for example, that the posting is relevant to the subject of the newsgroup.
Find Information - Exercise
Searching Topics - Quiz